Social Studies Questions to Continue to Explore
I will post questions asked by fellow classmates on this page! Be a navigator of knowledge and help direct your classmates by doing outside investigations!
- Make a timeline showing when each group of people were given the right to vote in the United States.
- Why are the two major political parties represented by a donkey and an elephant?
October 12th Questions:
- How much did we buy the Waldeesmuller map for?
- Did Ponce de Leon go in search of the Fountain of youth? Our book says, Yes. History channel says, No.
October 11th Questions:
1. Why was Amerigo Vespucci’s nickname the “Pickle Dealer”?
September 16th Questions:
- What insects did ancient American, hunter-gatherers eat?
- What Native American stories exist explaining early settlement?
- When did the Rocky Mountains form?
- What animals were the hunter-gatherers following when they came across Beringia?
- Why are West Virginia and Virginia separate states?
- Why are North Carolina and South Carolina separate states? Did they split because of the Civil War?
- When did the U.S. acquire Alaska? Why did we want it?
- How long does it take to drive across Rhode Island?