Mr. Dubovich  2016-17

E-mail:  dubovichr@wws.k12.in.us          Phone:  (317) 867-6523

family photo

School Background Info

Welcome to another exciting year! I’m Mr. Dubovich (a.k.a. Mr. D.) and I’ll be teaching math this year in 5th grade. This is my 7th year as a classroom teacher in this building and 8th overall. I’m quite the WIS traveling warrior since I’ve taught 5th and 6th grade math in the past, as well as 6th grade science and social studies the past couple years. I’m very excited to come back to where it all started for me in 5th grade 7 years ago. I have a passion and confidence for teaching math that I hope to pass along to my students this year!

Personal Background Info

I live in Noblesville with my wife (Jodi), daughter (Autumn), and furry dog (Gracie). Jodi is a teacher for the past 10 years at Shamrock Springs Elementary in Westfield. I’m originally from Hobart, IN (NW Indiana) where I grew up with a mom who was a 5th grade teacher too for over 30 years, and a dad who started up a very successful closet storage small business.   If it is not obvious by looking in my classroom,  I attended the great college of Indiana University where I graduated with a degree in Marketing. I entered the retail business management world.   During my travels working in three different states, I met my wife and many good friends. I spent eight years with three different companies before deciding my passions laid elsewhere.   With a wife and mother who were inspirations for me, I decided to go back to school at Ball State University and secure my teaching license.   This led me to this wonderful school district and school where I joined the WIS family. These past eight years have been the most rewarding experience in my professional career, and I look forward to many more to come!