All Star Triad

Just another blogs.wws.k12.in.us site

Biographies

Mrs. Kircher

Hello and welcome! I am looking forward to another great year and getting to know each of my new students! I am a resident of nearby Carmel, but actually grew up not too far from here in Indianapolis and graduated from Pike High School. After high school, I received my undergraduate degree in Psychology from Indiana University – Bloomington. Immediately following graduation, I worked in human resources for a couple of years for a small software development company. Not convinced that human resources was my true calling, I went back to school to Ball State University and received a Master’s degree in Elementary Education. I absolutely love being a teacher and feel even more fortunate to be a teacher in the Westfield-Washington school district for the thirteenth year. I have a wonderful husband, and we have two boys, ages seven and four, and twin girls, ages 2 years. I enjoy being active, especially outdoors, spending time with family and friends, and traveling.

Mr. Edwards

I graduated from Purdue University with a BA in Elementary Education.  After college, I taught for five years in M.S.D of Wayne Twp. on the west side of Indianapolis at Chapelwood Elementary School.  I taught all subjects in fifth grade for the first two years then moved to sixth grade in which I taught math and social studies classes for the next three years.  I left teaching for several years to take a job in the business world, but have since returned to my true calling, education.  This will be my eighth year in Westfield Washington Schools.  In 2013, I received my MA from Ball St. University for a degree in Applied Practices in Education.

I am originally from the south suburbs of Chicago, but grew up and went to high school in Rockville, IN.  My wife and I have two beautiful daughters, ages eight and nine.  In my spare time I enjoy watching Purdue sports, playing golf, and watching White Sox baseball.

Mrs. Swain:

I am currently living in Westfield wonderful husband, my 2 year old son, Tucker, and my 9 month old daughter, Harper. I grew up in Northwest Indiana in the town of Valparaiso. My big sister lives in Indianapolis so it is great to be in a city with family. I graduated in 2007 from Indiana University with a degree in elementary education and special education grades K-6. At IU I also rode in Little 500 cycling competition making cycling an important part of my life.  After graduating, I moved to Indianapolis and taught third grade in MSD of Wayne Township. This is my eighth year teaching and I am so excited to be a part of Westfield Washington. In 2013, I received my MA from Ball St. University for a degree in Applied Practices in Education. I enjoy working out, playing volleyball, cycling, and spending time with my friends and family. I have a huge passion for reading and look forward to sharing that with all of you. Let me know whenever you are reading a great book so I can read it too!

We will be learning through whole class instruction, as well as small group. I am very excited about this. We will continue to use novels in our curriculum, but will be focusing heavily on informational text. I hope you enjoy what we are learning as much as I do!

family

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment: