End of the Year Updates

It’s hard to believe that the end of the year is just around the corner! It is a very exciting, but very busy time. Please help me in encouraging your child and motivating him/her to keep up the good work for the final days of school. Below are some updates to keep you posted about our last week and a half.

Persuasive Speeches

As you probably know, your son/daughter is working on a persuasive speech presentation regarding a college/university of their choice. Students have already done the research and have written the speeches. This last week, they will be creating a trifold to go along with their presentation. Students should look up graphics at home and either send them to me via email, or bring a copy (soft of hard) to class tomorrow. We are going to start decorating our boards tomorrow. Students should also have their written materials (note cards, paper with bullet points, or five paragraph speech) that they will be using during their presentation done by tomorrow. The plan is to have speeches take place this Friday and next Tuesday. Below is the rubric I will use to grade the presentations.

Persuasive Presentation Rubric

Practice makes perfect! Please, please, please take the time to allow your child to practice giving his/her speech to you.

Field Trip

Sixth graders will be visiting the Indiana State Museum this Wednesday. If you child has not yet turned in their permission slip and money, please get that to me asap, so they can attend.

Story Maps

The final story map is due next Tuesday (May 31st). I will not accept late story maps.