Ready! Set! Learn!

About the Teachers

Mrs. Graff

Hi!  My name is Jill Graff and I am the Early Childhood teacher at Oak Trace Elementary School.  I extend a great BIG welcome to all of our new students and families and a great BIG welcome back to all those returning children and their families.  I can’t wait for another year of learning, playing and being together.

I am originally from Illinois.  I attended Illinois State University and received dual degrees in special education and elementary education.  I taught for several years in Illinois before taking some time off to be with my own growing family.  I have been married to my husband, Tom, for 32 years.  He runs his own media technology business, Media Tech, which specializes in all areas of electronics and technology.

Tom and I have 3 children.  Brandon works as a merchandise planning manager for ModCloth.com located in downtown San Francisco.  He and his wife Tiana, along with their dogs Sadie, Maddie, and Orvie live in Pleasant Hills, California.  Tom and I just returned from an enjoyable visit there. Jared works in bio-medical technology for the Community Health Network.  He, his wife Tayla, and our cute little  “grand puppy” Jack have a home in Noblesville.  Daughter Alyssa is a senior at Indiana University, majoring in Apparel Merchandising.  She has another sweet”grandogger” named Lilly.

After moving to Indiana in 1989 and getting all our children in school, I went back to work teaching Early Childhood at the Orchard Park Learning Center.  I came to Oak Trace when the school opened in the fall of 2000.

During my free time, I love to do reading and gardening.  And, I absolutely LOVE planning lots of fun and exciting activities for all the children in my Early Childhood classes.

Mrs. Gunnell

Mrs. Gunnell

Hi, my name is Judy Gunnell. A big welcome to our new and returning friends We are so happy to see each one of you. Preschool at Oak Trace is a outstanding place to be.  We will have a wonderful time learning many new things this year as well as making lots of new friends.

I’m happy to have been the instructional assistant in Mrs. Graff’s classroom for the past 8 fun-filled years.  I’m a native Hoosier, born and raised in Vincennes.  I graduated from St.Mary-of the-Woods College with a degree in social work.  My husband, Glenn, and I have been married for 27 years. Glenn works at The Fresh Market in the Meat and Seafood Department.   Our son, Adam working at Amazon while living back at home writing a science fiction/ fantasy novel. Please let me know if you have any publishing connections! 

For the past 20 years I have thoroughly enjoyed working with preschoolers from those early days of teaching at the preschool program at Orchard Park Learning Center to this year, my twelfth at Oak Trace. Wow! It’s amazing how quickly time flies when you do what you love!

I absolutely love working with all children, preschool age especially, and feel very privileged to be a part of your child’s school experience on a daily basis.  I’m certain it will be a great year; filled with learning and fun in our Preschool classroom.

In my free time, I love to read, to dabble in paint and to work crossword puzzles. What a wonderful year we have ahead of us!