It’s the end of the school year and time to celebrate our successes! Although many of the successes listed are more specifically connected to the high school, the success of a high school is a reflection of the continuous preparation at all grade levels and is a celebration of the outstanding accomplishments of students and teachers across the district.
- Westfield Washington Schools was ranked by the Indianapolis Star as the 5th best workplace in Indiana for large employers.
- Seven of our nine buildings were named 4 Star Schools. This is the greatest number of district buildings to earn this honor in a given year.
- Westfield Washington Schools is a designated Performance Qualified district as determined by the state and therefore exempt from some state regulations.
- Westfield Washington Schools once again earned a Silver Baldrige Regional Award for quality. We are the only school district to receive this award in the Indiana/Ohio/West Virginia region.
- Westfield High School is on the College Board Advanced Placement Honor Roll for increased access and success.
- Westfield High School is rated by U.S. News and World Report and Newsweek as one of the best high schools in the nation.
- The Washington Post performs an analysis of the rigor of high schools and Westfield High School ranks as one of the most rigorous high schools in the nation.
These recognitions are welcome and appreciated, but only establish the base for a college and career focused district to do even better in preparing our students to succeed in global competition.