my son is one…

April 1st, 2013

IMG_0593it’s so hard for me to believe that Inman is one already, yet at the same time, I can’t even remember life without a baby.  Things like sleeping in on a Saturday, running errands alone, going to the movies on a whim…. those seem like YEARS ago.  Yet when I rock Inman in my arms I wonder how a full year has passed and he has gotten so big… and I think ahead to all the years that are going to pass and how all i have is this moment.  So i am taking a minute to hold on to the moment where Inman is one. The only grandbaby on the Kjeldsen side. His first birthday. His second Easter. The sadness of being sick for four days.  Breaking out in a rash from his medication. The beauty of being the one he wants when he is sad. Laughing and smiling at his mommy.  So, here’s to Inman on his first of many birthdays… and may I continue to treasure up these moments in my heart.

One Response to “my son is one…”

1. Ashley Fields on April 7, 2013 5:25 pm

He’s gotten so big! I remember when I came to see him about a week after he was born, and he was so tiny. So excited to see what he’s like when he’s older!

Trackback URI | Comments RSS