a world without heroes…

March 10th, 2014

Once I started thinking about it, I realized how much of our culture revolves around the idea of having heroes or people we can look up to. I think of all the books and movies that would not exist if we as a human race were not drawn to this idea of having heroes in our lives. There are the obvious ones like Harry Potter or the Odyssey, but then there are the less conspicuous works, like To Kill a Mockingbird.  I mean, without Atticus, who is by my standards, a true hero, the depth and timelessness of the story would be lost.

In my own life, Imother teresa obviously have these heroes of literature whose character and words have made a lasting impact on me, but I also have heroes who are real people. There are people like my parents who gave me so many great memories and values.   People like Mother Teresa, who decided to live a life completely devoted to Love, Peace, Faith. People like Sarah Gibbs, who balances being a mother,a teacher, a wife, a friend; and still manages to smile, listen to my problems, & be truly positive regardless of the circumstance.

To me, life without role models and heroes would take away my most beloved possessions & aspirations–my most cherished friends & dreams.

Trackback URI | Comments RSS