Mr. Dubovich  2016-17

E-mail:  dubovichr@wws.k12.in.us          Phone:  (317) 867-6523

family photo

School Background Info

Welcome to another exciting year! I’m Mr. Dubovich (a.k.a. Mr. D.) and I’ll be teaching math this year in 5th grade. This is my 7th year as a classroom teacher in this building and 8th overall. I’m quite the WIS traveling warrior since I’ve taught 5th and 6th grade math in the past, as well as 6th grade science and social studies the past couple years. I’m very excited to come back to where it all started for me in 5th grade 7 years ago. I have a passion and confidence for teaching math that I hope to pass along to my students this year!

Personal Background Info

I live in Noblesville with my wife (Jodi), daughter (Autumn), and furry dog (Gracie). Jodi is a teacher for the past 10 years at Shamrock Springs Elementary in Westfield. I’m originally from Hobart, IN (NW Indiana) where I grew up with a mom who was a 5th grade teacher too for over 30 years, and a dad who started up a very successful closet storage small business.   If it is not obvious by looking in my classroom,  I attended the great college of Indiana University where I graduated with a degree in Marketing. I entered the retail business management world.   During my travels working in three different states, I met my wife and many good friends. I spent eight years with three different companies before deciding my passions laid elsewhere.   With a wife and mother who were inspirations for me, I decided to go back to school at Ball State University and secure my teaching license.   This led me to this wonderful school district and school where I joined the WIS family. These past eight years have been the most rewarding experience in my professional career, and I look forward to many more to come!

Miss Rairdon 2017-2018

Phone number: (317) 867-6526            Email:  rairdone@wws.k12.in.us

About Me:

Welcome! My name is Emily Rairdon, and I am a 5th grade Language Arts teacher at Westfield Intermediate School! I graduated from Indiana University with a bachelor’s degree in both Elementary Education K-6 and Special Education (Mild Intervention) in 2016. I grew up in the Westfield area and even went to fifth and sixth grade in this very building! I played soccer for 12 years for Westfield and in my free time love playing with my dogs, Charlie and Sydney, or being active outside.

This summer I traveled out of the country for the first time to visit my boyfriend’s family in Opatija, Croatia. We also spent part of our trip in Venice, Italy. It was a trip of a lifetime!

Three days after I got back home, I packed my bags to go teach in Honduras in 10 different schools for a week. I was blessed with the opportunity to bring supplies to each school as well as teach.

I chose to theme my classroom Literacy Lake because the best times I’ve had in my childhood was going up to Lake Michigan with my family each summer!  

I really hope that this classroom and the peers inside of it can become your second family this year as we encourage one another through learning!

family

Mrs. Massingale 

syd

Who am I?:

Sydney Massingale-I am the resource teacher for b-hallway

About me professionally:

I graduated from Indiana Wesleyan University with a dual major in elementary education & special education. I have taught first grade, self contained special education, and resource.

About me personally:

I have been married to my  husband, John, for two years and we have a little girl due in October! I enjoy yoga, spending time with family & friends, and going on walks with our dog Mugsy!

What do I do?:

I work with students who have IEPs and provide students with accommodations. I work with the general education teachers to provide differentiated instruction to meet the needs of all of our students.

Where is my classroom?

My classroom is located in b hall, room 216. My classroom is available to ALL students who need to take a break in the calming room, work in a quiet space, or just need extra time to work.

How to contact me:

Please feel free to reach out anytime via phone or email. My extension is 6555 and my email is massingales@wws..k12.in.us

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Miss Shingler
Social Studies/Science
Email: shinglerh@wws.k12.in.us                                       Phone: (317) 867-6565

7FC269BD-13E2-4C59-9567-7E9EAE95457A
About Me: 

• Graduated from Ball State University in December 2016
  • Student taught abroad in Ramstein, Germany on a US Air Force Base
  • This will be my second year at Westfield.
    • Instructional Aid for 6th grade Special Education
    • 1st year teacher for 5th grade Social Studies/Science.
  • Born and raised in Valparaiso, IN
  • Currently live in Plainfield, IN