All About Your Teachers

Learn more about the “Hanover” triad teachers

Meet Mrs. Phillips:

I have been teaching for 17 years, but this is my fifth year teaching 5th grade.  I absolutely love it!  The students at this age level are so fun.  They have more independence and developed senses of humor, but are not surly teenagers yet!  I really enjoy teaching science and social studies.  Both subjects lend themselves to hands-on activities and projects, which I believe often engage students more.  We will be learning about physical science and engineering and technology in science and geography and U.S. history in social studies.  It’s so exciting to learn about the Revolutionary War and the development of our nation.

I live in Westfield with my husband of 17 years and 16 year old daughter, who thankfully isn’t too much of a surly teenager yet either!  I enjoy spending time with my family, being outdoors on nice days, playing piano, crafting, traveling, reading, and eating.

I look forward to working with your family this year to help your child have a wonderful 5th grade experience.

Meet Mr. Haywood: 

This will be my nineteenth year teaching at Westfield Intermediate School.  Prior to joining the staff at WIS, I taught one year at Noblesville Intermediate School.  Before becoming a teacher, I spent thirteen years as a sales representative.  I have taught a variety of subjects, and will concentrate on teaching math this school year. 

My family consists of my wife Kim, along with sons Eric and Nick.  Nick recently graduated from Noblesville High School.  He will be taking classes at Ivy Tech in the fall, and working part time.   Eric is a graduate of Hanover College, and is employed with JB Hunt Trucking Company.  Kim is a course adviser at Western Governors University.

I look forward to working with your child this year!

Meet Mrs. Tice:
I am excited about teaching your child this year! Since I have just begun to get to know you, please allow me to introduce myself. My name is Sarah Tice. I am beginning my seventeenth year of teaching.  A native of Greenfield, Indiana, I currently reside in Noblesville with my husband, Chad. We have a nine-year-old little girl and a seven-year-old little boy. We recently celebrated our fourteenth year of marriage and are truly enjoying our home in this area. Hamilton County is a great place to live!

Outside of the classroom, I enjoy music, especially singing and leading worship at my home church. I am an adventurer and love to travel and see the world!  I am also a “foodie” and enjoy eating out and exploring new places and restaurants. Reading, exercising, shopping, gardening, and watching Alabama football (Roll Tide!) are other activities in which I enjoy. I am really looking to a great 2017-2018 school year!

Post a Comment

Your email is never shared. Required fields are marked *

*
*