Welcome!

Posted on Tuesday, August 12th, 2014 at 2:33 pm

Welcome to Torvik’s Tabloid, my Creative Writing blog! This trimester, we will be blogging together in an effort to utilize multimedia writing more effectively. You will each have a blog for class, which you will update a minimum of twice a week (unless otherwise stated by me).

For your first entry, simply introduce yourself to the rest of the class. What are your hobbies and interests? Think favorite movies, TV shows, books, authors, bands, etc. Feel free to include pictures or artwork that represent you. Here’s my introduction to you to get you started!

I live with my husband, dog, and cat. My dog’s name is Clark, and he is a 6-year-old Treeing Walker Coonhound mix. My husband and I adopted him 5 years ago, and he’s been a part of the family from day one. His floppy ears and droopy eyes make it impossible to not love him immediately, and despite his nearly constant shedding, I can’t imagine our lives without him.

clark      Duke

Our cat, Duke, came to us about a year and a half ago. He’s another rescue, but I actually got him from my cousin; he liked to play with her dog, and when her dog unexpectedly died, Duke started being mean to her two older cats! Since I already had Clark, I figured the two would get along nicely, and I was right. Duke is a cat of many nicknames; my favorite for him is Catticus Finch, but Nate has a different name for him. When we were purchasing our house, Duke got nervous with all of the boxes and started using our apartment as one giant litterbox; ever since then, Nate has called him Wiz Kittifah. No matter what we’re calling him, he’s an entertaining cat who has fit into our home perfectly.

The last thing to know about me is how much I love WHS and its students. This past year, I started leading Young Life at WHS, and even had the opportunity to go to camp at Lake Champion in New York this past summer. It was an amazing week, and I can’t wait to keep hanging out with the awesome students at WHS more!

fd8 <—some ladies of Ferndale 8 at Lake Champion

I’m excited for our trimester together! I love to write, and hopefully you do too! Can’t wait to start reading your blogs and getting to know you each a little bit better. I promise not all posts will be as long as this one. 🙂

You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

One Response to “Welcome!”