Trimester 2

Posted on Wednesday, November 12th, 2014 at 2:16 pm

Welcome to 2nd trimester! I’m excited to have you here in Creative Writing. I’ve already been impressed with your work, and I hope that you all continue to dive deep into this art form I am so passionate about. (Bah. I ended that sentence with a preposition. Big English teacher no-no.)

Here’s what you need to know about me:

– I LOVE teaching this class. I think I learned as much last trimester as my students did, which is always a sign of a great course.
– Of course, I love reading and writing. I read a quote once that said, “The man who reads lives a thousand lives. The man who doesn’t, but one.” I believe that with my entire soul. I also think the same is true for writing creatively.
– I love Purdue University, volleyball, my husband, my dog (The Clarkster), my cat (Catticus Finch), cucumbers, goat cheese (all cheese), peanut butter (creamy.), John Green (in a let’s-be-best-friends kind of way), Augustus Waters, and lots of other things
– This class requires a lot of work, but it’s the most fun work you’ll ever do in high school. Hopefully.
– If I tell you I’ll remember something but I don’t write it down, I’m lying. Make me write it down.
– I love Christmas and winter and snow and cold weather. If you don’t, that’s fine. We’ll just disagree about the outdoors all trimester.

That about sums it up. I can’t wait to get started writing, reading, and blogging with all of you!

You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.