One life in one week

Posted on Friday, March 20th, 2015 at 12:43 pm

If I found out that I only had one week left to live, I would probably spend the entire first day crying and being generally pitiful; I tend to make a big deal out of little things, and this is definitely a BIG thing.

I would like to think that after that first day, I would pull myself off the couch, turn off Netflix, replenish my supply of Kleenex, take a shower, and go on some adventures. Of course, I would spend as much time with friends and family as possible. I would try to do the responsible adult things of making sure everything in my will was in order and keeping my loved ones in the loop, but assuming that doesn’t take any longer than about a half a day, I would be on a plane with everyone I know and love as soon as possible.

There’s so much in the world I want to see and experience, but I don’t have enough money to do it all right now. I would ask my husband, parents, and best friends in the world to pick one 24-hour experience each so that I could experience all that they want to do with them. Then, I would spend my final hours at home with the people I love the most.

I don’t need a fancy life, but I do have an insatiable wanderlust that I’d like to fill as much as possible. Knowing I’m about to go would help me justify packing up and leaving to see the world.

travel

You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

One Response to “One life in one week”

1. Spencer Schneider says:

If I only had one week to live the rest of my life I probably would go to see all of my relatives and tell them I only had a week left to live. Then I would go to places I haven’t been before with who ever wanted to go with me and then basically have fun and try to get closer with god and live like it was another day. Next I would tell everyone I loved them and then apologize or say sorry for that and etc. It would really suck to die at a young age but, if I did these are the things i would all try to do in three days. Probably not possible because i have so many relatives but i would try and then I would go have fun in till i died.