The Purpose of WAT
WAT is a multidisciplinary support team which consists of individuals who represent the eight school buildings within the Westfield Washington School district. WAT’s goal is to serve as a resource and a support base to the child’s multidisciplinary team (parents, teachers, administrators, therapists, and support staff).
WAT’s purpose is to:
- Help increase understanding of autism spectrum disorders and associated programming needs;
- Facilitate problem-solving by collaborating with the child’s multidisciplinary team; and
- Disseminate information to assist in providing effective programming for students.
WAT’s purpose is not to:
- Diagnose autism spectrum disorders
- Participate in case conferences.
Any opinions, advice, statements, services, offers, or other information or content expressed or made available by third parties, are those of the respective author(s) or distributor(s) and do not necessarily state or reflect those of WAT. Reference to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark, manufacturer, or otherwise, does not constitute or imply endorsement, recommendation, or preference by WAT, & such reference shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.