Since the 2000-01, our school has traditionally had a whole-school field trip. Our school has a rich history of arts participation, and these field trips have played a big part in that. But this year, we are going in a new direction.
Our work with The Leader In Me brings a focus on student leadership and community involvement. So this year our building treasurer, Mrs. Felix, suggested that the whole-school trip be about service to our community. What a great idea! While we could not find a project that could handle all of us at one time, we have worked with United Way to plan five projects, one for each grade level. Here’s what you need to know:
1) Our day of service, rain or shine, is Friday, April 15.
2) We’ll leave after 9:00 and be back before 2:00, eating lunch on the trip.
3) Each grade level has its own destination Kindergarten–Maple Park Village; First Grade– Merciful H.E.L.P.; Second Grade–Noblesville Boys’ and Girls’ Club; Third Grade–Children’s TherAPlay; Fourth Grade–International Disaster Emergency Service.
4) Each grade has one or more special projects on site. Families will receive that information from their grade level teachers. That information is also posted in my blog at the address below.
5) Permission slips will come home next week. All students will need a signed slip.
6) The permission slip includes a way for parents/guardians to apply for the chaperone lottery.
7) This is a whole-school trip. No staff is left behind (other than All Aboard).
We are excited about the opportunity to share our student leaders with this community. More details will be in the next post.