The following include additional Internet Safety resources for grades 3-4:
- Take the Safe Kids quiz
- Review McGruff’s Cyberbullying advice and play the Shrink the Cyberbully game.
- Use grades 3-4 activities from NetSmartz. Watch the following NetSmartz videos (most are about two minutes long):
– The Password Rap: A Lesson in Internet Security
– Don’t Open That File: A Lesson in Computer Viruses
– The Boy Who Loved IM: A Lesson in IM
– UYN: The NetSmartz Chat Abbreviation
– Tell a Trusted Adult
– Clicky’s Stolen Song: A Lesson in Digital Ethics
– The Ready, Set, Internet Theme Song
– Kids PSA: Be Safer Online
– Internet Safety Every Day
– Don’t Steal Like a Pirate
– Router’s Rap
- Watch Who’s Afraid of Little Sweet Sheep? on the Disney Web site.
- Parents should continue Internet Safety discussion at home to reinforce the lessons learned at school. Print and use the grades 3-4 Internet Safety and Real World Safety pledges (version for upper elementary grades) from NetSmartz.